Tuesday 19 November 2013

'I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung': NeNe Leakes seeks comfort from her granddaughter as she reveals potentially life-threatening condition

NeNe Leakes took to her website on Tuesday to thank fans for their love and support following her hospitalisation for a life-threatening medical condition.
The Real Housewives Of Atlanta star revealed that doctors discovered blood clots in her lung after she began feeling short of breath last week.
The reality TV star-turned-actress posted another photo from her hospital bed as she enjoyed a much-needed cuddle with her 17-month-old granddaughter, Bri'Asia, captioned: 'Look who crawled in the hospital bed with me...'
'I so dearly appreciate every one of you': NeNe Leakes took to her website on Tuesday to thank fans for their support as she revealed she was diagnosed with blood clots in her lung - seen here enjoying a cuddle with her granddaughter in hospital
'I so dearly appreciate every one of you': NeNe Leakes took to her website on Tuesday to thank fans for their support as she revealed she was diagnosed with blood clots in her lung - seen here enjoying a cuddle with her granddaughter in hospital
NeNe appeared to be keeping her spirits up as she cradled the gorgeous youngster in her left arm as she tenderly touched her cheek with her right hand, which was still
covered with IV needles, though she shielded her face from the camera under a white bedazzled baseball cap.

Having been discharged a short time later, NeNe is now said to be resting comfortably at home as she takes a break from work to focus on her health, but she made sure to update her concerned friends and fans on her condition.
'First and foremost, I so dearly love and appreciate each and every one of you for your concern and your prayers,' the 45-year-old wrote on neneleakesofficial.com.
'Late last week I wasn’t feeling well and was feeling a little short of breath. I know my body and I know when I should be concerned so I went to the hospital to get checked out.
'My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive': The star tweeted this photo of her arms covered with needles as she sought treatment at the hospital for the as-yet undisclosed illness on Monday
'My arms are hurting wit these IV's #blessedtobealive': The star tweeted this photo of her arms covered with needles as she sought treatment at the hospital for the as-yet undisclosed illness on Monday

'After some routine tests I was diagnosed with blood clots in my lung. I’m told this happened to me because of the constant traveling around the country that I do for my job.'
The star went on to say she's 'thankful to be alive' after her doctor explained that most people don't recognise the symptoms of blood clots and seek treatment until 'big problems start happening'.
While it was initially suggested the busy mother-of-two was simply suffering exhaustion and dehydration, NeNe made a point of rubbishing rumours she'd had a heart attack.
The down-to-earth star also gave a shout out to the staff who took such great care of her during her time of need, writing, 'I am fortunate to have had a wonderful experience with the doctors and nurses who took care of me.
'I’m blessed to be home with my wonderful Husband and family!'
Far more serious: The 45-year-old originally gave no explanation for her hospitalisation, simply replying, 'I work my butt off' when a Twitter follower suggested it could be exhaustion as she has 'the most grueling schedule'
Far more serious: The 45-year-old originally gave no explanation for her hospitalisation, simply replying, 'I work my butt off' when a Twitter follower suggested it could be exhaustion as she has 'the most grueling schedule'

'Thanks 4 tuning into RHOA 2nite! I have been very sick for the past couple of days but I wanted 2 Thank my tweetie pies,' she tweeted on Sunday.
When follower @maddoxmusic speculated that she was probably seeking treatment for exhaustion as she 'has the most grueling schedule of any celebrity', the star retweeted the message with the response, 'I work my butt off', seemingly confirming the diagnosis.
Up until recently, the actress has been working back-to-back on multiple shows, playing Sue Sylvester's nemesis Roz Washington in Glee and Rocky Rhoades in the now-cancelled The New Normal, both of which were helmed by creator Ryan Murphy.
No rest for the wicked: Up until recently, the Real Housewives Of Atlanta star - here on September 9 - had been working furiously, juggling the reality series, spin-off I Dream Of NeNe: The Wedding, along with roles in Glee and The New Normal
No rest for the wicked: Up until recently, the Real Housewives Of Atlanta star - here on September 9 - had been working furiously, juggling the reality series, spin-off I Dream Of NeNe: The Wedding, along with roles in Glee and The New Normal

That's on top of RHOA and her spin-off reality show I Dream Of NeNe: The Wedding, which chronicled her journey to happily ever after the second time around as she remarried ex-husband Gregg Leakes.
The star divides her time between homes in Atlanta, Georgia and the Hollywood Hills, as she juggles her family life and acting career.
NeNe and Gregg have a 14-year-old son, Brentt, together, while both also have older children from previous relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...