Tuesday 18 February 2014

'I run four miles a day and never shave my legs': Victoria Beckham opens up about embracing laser hair removal as she covers Allure magazine

Even around her hectic schedule - looking after four children and designing clothes - Victoria Beckham still finds time to exercise daily.
The 39-year-old reveals in the March issue of Allure magazine that she gets up at 6am and runs four miles a day.
She also divulges her beauty secrets - including the fact that she doesn't shave her legs and gets laser hair removal instead following advice from her ever-polished best friend, actress Eva Longoria.


Non-stop! Victoria Beckham reveals in the March issue of Allure magazine that she runs four miles a day and gets up at 6am to exercise
Non-stop! Victoria Beckham reveals in the March issue of Allure magazine that she runs four miles a day and gets up at 6am to exercise

'[It] is amazing. You can go back for little touch-ups if you do see little hairs appearing,' Mrs Beckham says.
'But I've been very lucky that I haven't had to. That was one of the best tips that Eva Longoria ever gave me.'

When quizzed about her 34D breast implants, inserted at a London clinic in 1999, Mrs Beckham, admits that she 'may have purchased them' but doesn't 'have them anymore'.
'Living in America was the happiest I think I've ever been. It was much more accepting for a woman to have a career, as well as a man'
Indeed, more than a decade after it emerged she'd gone under the knife, the former singer underwent several operartions to get her back to a more natural-looking 34A bra size.
On a personal front, Mrs Beckham says she was happiest when living in Los Angeles with her footballer husband, David, and their brood, Harper, Romeo, Brooklyn and Cruz.
'Living in America for six years was the happiest I think I've ever been,' she muses.
'It was much more accepting for a woman to have a career, as well as a man. And I loved it.'
Polished pins: The mother-of-four also divulges her beauty secrets - including the fact that she doesn't shave her legs and gets laser hair removal instead
Polished pins: The mother-of-four also divulges her beauty secrets - including the fact that she doesn't shave her legs and gets laser hair removal instead
Sharing beauty tips: Mrs Beckham's friend, actress Eva Longoria, was the one who told her to ditch the razor
Sharing beauty tips: Mrs Beckham's friend, actress Eva Longoria, was the one who told her to ditch the razor


But Mrs Beckham, who moved back to the UK earlier this year, adds: 'I'm not saying I'm not happy now. I'm just as happy now!'
However, she will no doubt be jetting back to the U.S. frequently as she goes about establishing a base for her eponymous womenswear label in New York.
Indeed, just this month she was in the city previewing her newest collection at Fashion Week in front of a packed crowd which included, Anna Wintour, her 'fantastic', 'supportive' husband and all four of their children.
While she was in the Big Apple she took part in a conversation with Parsons' Dean of Fashion, Simon Collins, revealing plans to design footwear and the possibility of a menswear line in the future.
Family photo: David Beckham takes a photo of himself with his four children while sitting front row at wife Victoria's New York Fashion Week show
Family photo: David Beckham takes a photo of himself with his four children while sitting front row at wife Victoria's New York Fashion Week show
Cover star: For more from Victoria Becakham's interview see the March issue of Allure magazine, available on newsstands February 25
Cover star: For more from Victoria Becakham's interview see the March issue of Allure magazine, available on newsstands February 25

Reflecting on her career success, Mrs Beckham tells Allure that she was 'never a natural', adding: 'I got there in the end because I did believe that if you work hard enough, then you can achieve a lot.
'I think what gave me confidence in myself was meeting the other [Spice Girls]. We always said we were all like rejects in our own way. We had to work hard, and they helped me accept me for who I was.'
'I think what gave me confidence in myself was meeting the other Spice Girls.They helped me accept me for who I was'
No doubt still revelling in the success of her well-received Fashion Week show, Mrs Beckham posted a photograph of her face on the front of Allure's newest issue - out on February 25 - to Twitter this morning.
'Thank u @allure_magazine Out 25th Feb x,' she tweeted.
The brunette strikes a sultry pose in her cover shot, wearing smokey eye make-up and nude lipstick.
A tagline reads: 'The clothes, the Fame, the Hot Husband: A Girl Could Do Worse.'
She has fronted the beauty glossy twice before, first in 2008 and in again in 2011 to mark the U.S. publication's 20th anniversary.

DM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...