Wednesday 19 November 2014

'I can't dance or cook!' Maria Sharapova insists tennis is the only thing she's good at - but hopes to improve her culinary skills for her 'future children'

Maria Sharapova may be the world's highest-paid athlete with a slew of lucrative business ventures to boot, but the Russian-born star insists that aside from tennis, she's 'not good at many other things.'
'I am not a great dancer!' the 27-year-old told make-up guru Bobbi Brown for Yahoo Beauty. 'There are many things I am not great at. I haven’t perfected cooking because I haven’t had the time, but I really love food.'
The statuesque blonde, who has been dating Bulgarian tennis champion Grigor Dimitrov, 23, since 2012, added: 'I really wish that I could be a good cook, especially for my future children one day.'
Modest: 'I am not a great dancer!' Miss Sharapova, 27, (pictured last week) told make-up guru Bobbi Brown. 'There are many things I am not great at. I haven’t perfected cooking because I haven’t had the time'
Modest: 'I am not a great dancer!' Miss Sharapova, 27, (pictured last week) told make-up guru Bobbi Brown. 'There are many things I am not great at. I haven’t perfected cooking because I haven’t had the time'
Miss Sharapova also discussed her Russian heritage and thus her appreciation for 'borsch, dumplings and vodka cocktails.'
The tennis star, who first shot to fame when she beat Serena Williams to win
Wimbledon in 2004 aged only 17, spoke too of her belief that 'you make your own luck.'
She said: 'When something happens to you in a moment where you think, “Gosh that was lucky.”
'But when you actually think about it you realize, “I worked for luck to come at this period of time, I just didn’t expect it in this moment”.'
Pitter patter? The statuesque blonde, who is dating Bulgarian tennis champion Grigor Dimitrov (pictured) said,  'I really wish that I could be a good cook, especially for my future children one day'
Pitter patter? The statuesque blonde, who is dating Bulgarian tennis champion Grigor Dimitrov (pictured) said, 'I really wish that I could be a good cook, especially for my future children one day'
Foreign-born: Miss Sharapova, pictured in London last week, also discussed her Russian heritage and thus her appreciation for 'borsch, dumplings and vodka cocktails'
Foreign-born: Miss Sharapova, pictured in London last week, also discussed her Russian heritage and thus her appreciation for 'borsch, dumplings and vodka cocktails'
Lucky indeed! The star, who is ranked second in the world for women's tennis, is also the highest paid female athlete around, with a recent campaign for Avon's Lucky fragrance under her belt (pictured)
Lucky indeed! The star, who is ranked second in the world for women's tennis, is also the highest paid female athlete around, with a recent campaign for Avon's Lucky fragrance under her belt (pictured)
Miss Sharapova drove home her view that her 'will' and 'determination' are key components to her success, as well as setting goals that seem, 'way beyond' her reach.
She is not completely without fear, however, admitting that walking out onto the court in front of thousands of people is 'really scary.'
'But then I look back and I know I’ve spent so many hours training when no one can see me and it’s freezing outside and I’m working to get better,' she said.
Fresh-faced: The tennis champion, pictured at this year's Wimbledon tournament, claims she doesn't wear make-up on the court
Fresh-faced: The tennis champion, pictured at this year's Wimbledon tournament, claims she doesn't wear make-up on the court
'No one sees those moments, so you do everything you can to win a tennis match because you’re the reason they are there.
I think that beauty always comes in the way that you take care of your skin 
'They paid for a ticket so you are almost like an entertainer. It’s a privilege, and it changes the way you think.'
Asked by Ms Brown, the queen of make-up herself, whether she wears any on-court, the grand slam winner said no. Instead, she touts the benefits of moisturizing, getting enough sleep, and wearing sunscreen. 
'I think that beauty always comes in the way that you take care of your skin, not in the make-up you put on your face,' she remarked.
 
DM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...