Thursday 16 January 2014

'Never say never': Michelle Obama reveals she hasn't ruled out Botox or plastic surgery as she gears up for her 50th birthday

Michelle Obama, who turns 50 later this week, isn't ruling out using plastic surgery or Botox in the future.
'Women should have the freedom to do whatever they need to do to feel good about themselves,' the first lady told People magazine in an interview hitting newsstands Friday, her birthday.
'Right now, I don't imagine that I would go that route, but I've also learned to never say never.'
Never say never! Michelle Obama (pictured here at the White House in September 2013) who turns 50 later this week, isn't ruling out using plastic surgery or Botox in the future
Never say never! Michelle Obama (pictured here at the White House in September 2013) who turns 50 later this week, isn't ruling out using plastic surgery or Botox in the future

Her message to women is to be healthy. Mrs Obama says she has never missed a health checkup, including mammograms and Pap smears. She's also had a colonoscopy.
'I don't obsess about what I eat, but I do make sure that I'm eating vegetables and fruit,' added Mrs Obama.

'And as everyone knows, I do exercise.' Her Let's Move campaign to reduce childhood obesity rates through the combination of exercise and healthier eating enters its fifth year next month.
'As you get older, you start understanding what clothes feel good rather than trying to keep up with your teenage daughter'
Her workouts have also evolved from weight-bearing and cardio exercises to include things like yoga that she says will help keep her flexible.
When it comes to dressing 'age-appropriatly', Mrs Obama says that she likes to highlight the best parts of her body.
'I have long legs; I have hips. My shape is different from the vast majority of women's.
'As you get older, you start understanding what makes you happy and feel good and going with that rather than following the fashion trends or trying to keep up with your teenage daughter.'
Spreading the word: The First Lady's Let's Move campaign to reduce childhood obesity rates through the combination of exercise and healthier eating enters its fifth year next month
Spreading the word: The First Lady's Let's Move campaign to reduce childhood obesity rates through the combination of exercise and healthier eating enters its fifth year next month

Keeping fit: When it comes to personal fitness, Mrs Obama says she has incorporated yoga into her routine in a bid to stay flexible
Keeping fit: When it comes to personal fitness, Mrs Obama says she has incorporated yoga into her routine in a bid to stay flexible

Asked whether she has peaked at 50 in terms of her career, Mrs Obama joked that being First Lady is 'pretty high up.'
She said she's always felt that her life is 'ever-evolving' and she doesn't have the right to 'just sit on my talents or blessings.'
'I've got to keep figuring out ways to have an impact, whether as a mother or as a professional or as a mentor to other kids,' the first lady said, noting that daughter Malia, now 15, will be in college when she and President Barack Obama leave the White House in January 2017.
'I don't obsess about what I eat, but I do make sure that I'm eating vegetables and fruit'
Daughter Sasha, 12, won't be far behind.'At that point in life, whoa, the sky is the limit,' Mrs Obama said.
On a personal note, Mrs Obama says she
dreams of seeing the 'places that make this planet beautiful' over the next two decades before hitting 70.
'I still haven't seen the Hoover Dam. I want to stay and have a meal, try the local dish and shop in a little shop.'
In the meantime, President Obama is planning a big dance party at the White House on Saturday night so she can see out her 50th in style.
Aides are keeping a tight lid on details to maintain the element of surprise for Mrs Obama. Guests have been told to come prepared to dance and to eat before they come.
'I don't obsess about what I eat, but I do make sure that I'm eating vegetables and fruit,' Mrs Obama said
'I don't obsess about what I eat, but I do make sure that I'm eating vegetables and fruit,' Mrs Obama said

'There's one thing I can tell you for sure . . . people will move,' Valerie Jarrett, a senior White House adviser who is close to the Obamas, told The Associated Press.
Jarrett wouldn't comment on reports that Beyonce, who also is close to the Obama family, will sing at the first lady's party.
Beyonce serenaded the Obamas as they danced at one of the balls for the president's first inauguration in 2009.
Last year, she lip-synced to a pre-recorded voice track of the national anthem at Obama's second swearing-in ceremony at the Capitol.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's husband, rapper and entrepreneur Jay Z, is scheduled to bring his Magna Carter World Tour to Washington's Verizon Center on Thursday night, two days before Mrs Obama's White House birthday blowout. That means Beyonce could be in town anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...