Tuesday 26 November 2013

'She's the most beautiful woman of all time!' Kanye West on why he ignores Kim Kardashian's uncool reality star status and the fact their 'brands don't fit'

He's the perfectionist rapper who likes to mastermind every detail of his career.
But Kanye West has revealed he isn't worried about how dating reality star Kim Kardashian will affect his public image - because she's so beautiful it doesn't matter if she is uncool.
'I don't give a f*** what type of jacket she got on,' he explained during an interview with Hot 97 radio host Angie Martinez on Monday.
More important than his image: Kanye West said Kim Kardashian was so beautiful it didn't matter how cool, or uncool, she was during an interview with Hot 97 radio host Angie Martinez on Monday
More important than his image: Kanye West said Kim Kardashian was so beautiful it didn't matter how cool, or uncool, she was during an interview with Hot 97 radio host Angie Martinez on Monday
And he certainly wasn't put off by friends who disapproved of his choice.
'Ladies and gentlemen y'all acting like this ain't the most beautiful woman of all time!' he
told them.
'Arguably of human existence. The top ten of human existence.'
Fist bump! Kanye celebrates winning the heart of the 'world's most beautiful woman'
Fist bump! Kanye celebrates winning the heart of the 'world's most beautiful woman'
Kanye said dating Kim, his now fiancée, had taught him that life was about more than 'whats cool or not cool'.
'I felt like our love story is a love story for the ages,' he explained. 'I felt like when we first got together it's a Romeo And Juliet kind of thing.
'Like she's a reality star and I'm a rapper and people talking about how our brands connect and it doesn't fit.
'And I'm just so tired of brands... It's not about branding at a certain point.' 
Beyond branding: The rapper said he was learning that in a relationship you made sacrifices for love
Beyond branding: The rapper said he was learning that in a relationship you made sacrifices for love
Kim herself joined her husband-to-be for the chat, and revealed the inside story behind the controversial moment she blasted Katie Couric on Twitter for being a 'fake media friend'.
'Katie Couric sent us a baby gift for our daughter,' she explained. 'It was really sweet and [we] loved it.

'And then she did a interview and she said "I don't know why the Kardashians are famous." Dissing us.'
Kim was upset by the remarks. 'Then I remember I woke up in the middle of the night... to do, our thank you cards. And I found her note with the baby gift and I took a picture of it.'
Fake friend: Kim explains how she decided to 'blast' Katie Couric for sending a baby gift that 'dissing' the Kardashian family
Fake friend: Kim explains how she decided to 'blast' Katie Couric for sending a baby gift that 'dissing' the Kardashian family
Kim, 33, then asked Kanye's advice. 'I said "babe should I Instagram this and say something crazy, like blast her for fake being nice?"'
Kim did just that, adding: '[Katie] probably wanted us on the show or something.'
Kanye also reflected on how he fell for Kim, when he saw her in a holiday snap with then-friend Paris Hilton.
'I loved her from the first day I saw her which I said on Bound [his song].'
Opening up: The couple made a joint appearance on the radio show
Opening up: The couple made a joint appearance on the radio show
a
Controversial: Kim tweeeted: '#IHateFakeMediaFriends #MayIHumblySuggestYouNotSendGiftsThenTalkShit'
And he opened up about his decision not to star in Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
'I don't do her show just because I don't like the way the producer shoots some of the shots. I'm very particular to that. I'm meticulous right.
'And I like to get a different DP or whatever.'
Making sacrifices for love: Kanye West leaves his Soho apartment on Tuesday in New York City
Making sacrifices for love: Kanye West leaves his Soho apartment on Tuesday in New York City
But despite this choice he allowed his grand engagement at a baseball stadium to be filmed for the show.
'When we got engaged I made sure the show was there because I felt like that would make her happy.
'Regardless of how it was shot I felt like this was a moment she would want to have.'
The decision was linked to his realisation that Kim's happiness should come first.
'That's when you're in a relationship and you start making sacrifices and stop thinking about what's cool or not cool and just let go. And I just let go to her.
'She lets go to me and we're stronger because of it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...