Wednesday 27 November 2013

Beyonce 'banned' from Pyramids by Egypt's Indiana Jones after her 'stupid and rude' behaviour

She is adored by her millions of fans and has even earned the nickname Queen B.

But Beyonce failed to impress the man known as Egypt's Indiana Jones when she visited the country in 2009.

Zahi Hawass, Egypt's former head of antiquities, claims he banned the singer from visiting the Pyramids after her ‘stupid and rude’ behaviour.
Not impressed: Controversial archaeologist Zahi Hawess claims he has banned Beyonce from the Egyptian Pyramids after her 'rude' behaviour during a tour in 2009
Not impressed: Controversial archaeologist Zahi Hawess claims he has banned Beyonce from the Egyptian Pyramids after her 'rude' behaviour during a tour in 2009
The star visited Egypt back in 2009 as part of her I Am... Tour, where she toured the pyramids with Hawass.
But according to the Huffington Post, the controversial archaeologist bad-mouthed the star to local reporters back then, allegedly calling her a 'stupid person' who 'doesn't understand a thing.'

Now, in a new interview, Hawass, 66, claims the Love On Top singer arrived late to her tour of the historical site.
Gatekeeper: Hawass is Egypt's former antiquities minister and is credited with improving the management of the historic sites
Gatekeeper: Hawass is Egypt's former antiquities minister and is credited with improving the management of the historic sites
'Most people I take on tours are very nice and we become friends. But this lady...,' the former minister of state antiquities told The Independent.

'She said she would come at 3pm but she came late. I said "You have to say I'm sorry I'm late". But she didn't open her mouth,' said Hawass, who is described as the 'gatekeeper' of the pyramids.

The last straw came when Beyonce's photographer allegedly almost hit Hawass'.

'I brought a photographer and she also had a photographer and a guard. When my photographer started to shoot, he said "No, Stop! I am the one who says yes or no, not you.! I said !In that case since you almost hit my photographer and you are not polite - out! I am not giving you the privilege of having you on my tour.! I said Beyoncé was stupid and I left.'
Egyptian princess: The star visited Egypt back in 2009 as part of her I Am... Tour, where she toured the pyramids wearing a flowing white gown
Egyptian princess: The star visited Egypt back in 2009 as part of her I Am... Tour, where she toured the pyramids wearing a flowing white gown
Exotic: Beyonce posed on a camel during a photo shoot while in Egypt
Exotic: Beyonce posed on a camel during a photo shoot while in Egypt
However, Beyonce's rep told E! News the story was a 'lie'.
'This never happened,' said the rep. 'The last time she was in Egypt was on tour in 2009. Nothing like this happened. Lies and more lies.'
Hawass is a controversial figure who has been criticised for his love of the spotlight.

During the interview, he boasted about his fame.

'People attack me because I am famous. When I took President Obama to Giza, the camel driver recognised me and he asked "But who is the friend of Hawass?" When I gave a lecture at your Dome of the Millennium 1,700 came to hear me. Bill Clinton got 700.'
Famous man: Hawass said the camel driver recognised him and not Obama during the President's trip to Egypt in 2009
Famous man: Hawass said the camel driver recognised him and not Obama during the President's trip to Egypt in 2009
Hawass is currently under investigation from the US Justice Department for allegedly accepting a $200,000-a-year pay packet from National Geographic to allow the magazine access to the Pyramids and other sites.

He is also branching out into fashion.

According to Vanity Fair, he has launched a clothing line that focuses on khakis, leather jackets and denim shirts.
Not fazed: Beyonce looked relaxed as she took in a basketball game with husband Jay-Z last week in Oklahoma City
Not fazed: Beyonce looked relaxed as she took in a basketball game with husband Jay-Z last week in Oklahoma City

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...